The engine area of the Jag has come along nicely. I replaced all hoses and belts throughout. In doing this I found that the thermostat housing/water outlet was corroded beyond saving and had to buy a new one. This is something to check on the E-type as they can corrode underneath hose and fail with little to no outward sign of distress. I also replaced the thermostat and gasket. I also flushed the radiator and refinished the shroud in black crackle paint. I cleaned up the electric fans and all of the other ancillary pieces. The cooling system should be pretty solid.
The battery support bracket had a bit of surface rust, but was basically solid so I stripped it and repainted it. I also cleaned up the area of the box and the electrical connections. While I was working there I cleaned up the area around the numbers plate. It all was in good shape and came out looking great. Of course I replaced the belts as well.
I also put in new plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, rotor and condenser and a new Lucas Sports Coil.
I had pulled off the inner fenders (inner wings) and stripped and repainted them black, but since I am going to have the body of the car repainted back to its original cream white I kept those off the car so as to avoid overspray in the paintshop.