search instagram arrow-down

Archives

Follow Us

After I stripped the various engine parts, I used a red heat capable primer, fine sanded things like the valve cover, and then top-coated with the Moss Motors T-Series red engine paint. I also added the metal identification and patents plates to the valve cover using small rivets. Smaller parts , such as the valve cover and oil filter canister were also baked after being top-coated. On the block and head I painted over the head studs and nuts as that was the way the engines were painted originally. Later, when I put the car on the light and was able to clean, strip and paint the oil pan. I think things turned out very well indeed! See the process and results below –

The start of stripping paint and rust from MGA valve cover.
Various engine components in red primer. The pieces in black primer will be gloss black.


Valve cover painted and metal id plate being fit.
Water pump. oil filter canister etc after top-coat and baking.
Painted MGA engine with some parts being refitted.
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: