search instagram arrow-down

Archives

Follow Us

I tackled painting the engine first, then after the paint had dried and cured I wrapped the engine in plastic and proceeded to paint the engine compartment. The underside of the bonnet, the underside of the boot lid and the taillight plinths also had to be painted as they were poorly done. The first thing was to thoroughly degrease and strip all the paint, mastic, and any rust off the metal. I used a DA sander where possible and hand sanding blocks in tight spaces. After initial priming I used a red, sandable metal primer to get it smooth.

Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: